From the 5th December, all church buildings are closed again for services, but mosy churches are also continuing with virtual services using websites, Facebook, videos, and Zoom conferencing. Contact the relevant church website for contact details
Churches Together Bible Study
There is a joint Bible Study being held via zoom on Wednesday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th November at 7.30 pm. The Study is based on the Lord's Prayer, and the first week studied
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Week two was
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
and week 3 was
Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
Week 4 is
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.
The format of the session is an introductory talk, followed by breakout rooms of 5 or 6 people, to discuss several bible readings. If you are not comfortable talking, you are welsome to join a group and just listen to the discussion
We then return for another group talk and feedback, and then a second breakout room with the same group.
It's not too late to join the Bible Study, so contact John for the Zoom details
It would be useful to study the readings in advance
Rammy Churches Bible Study on Prayer #4
For those who would like to see in advance, here are the questions we will be thinking about on the 25th Nov at 7.30pm
Week 4 – Why? – For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.
Opening Questions – 10 mins
- Think back to when you were a child. How did you imagine life/the world would be at the age you are now?
- What are some of the things that make us most anxious about the future?
Breakout – 15 mins
- One of the most common temptations that we’ll face as Christian’s is to live in a way that says that we are more concerned with our own “person Kingdoms” rather than with God’s kingdom. How do you think that might effect:
- Your friendships
- Your marriage or parenting
- How you use the things you have
- Your relationship with God.
- Are there any moments in Scripture that you think can challenge us to let go of our own kingdoms and instead live in ways that honour God’s kingdom?
Introductory message #2
Breakout – 15 mins
- How do we, as God’s people in this place, put some of the things that we’ve learned over the last 4 weeks into practice in our local churches and in our own lives?
Time for feedback from different breakout groups, prayer together, what next week is about, and farewell – 15 mins.
Healing on the Streets
Every Saturday morning from 10:30, we have a team walking around Ramsbottom asking if anyone needs any prayers. - Currently suspended